Who Are We?
Wright Construction has been operating in Saskatchewan since 1905 with projects ranging from British Columbia to Ontario. We represent the longest operating construction company in the Province of Saskatchewan and in the City of Saskatoon. We also have a satellite office in Calgary, Alberta and Regina, SK.
Over three generations, Wright Construction has helped build this province. Along the way we have produced many landmarks across Western Canada, including the original buildings of the University of Saskatchewan, Hotel Saskatchewan in Regina, the Bessborough Hotel in Saskatoon, Merlis Belsher Place, the Grande Prairie Aquatic Center, Humboldt’s District Health Center and much more!
Wright Construction performs General Contracting, Design Build, Public-Private-Partnerships (P3s) and Construction Management services. We excel in a variety of commercial, institutional, mixed use and industrial environments. Each year we complete hundreds of thousands of square feet of retail space for various developers and retail chains. Wright Construction is a strong competitor in the institutional sector providing services to school and health boards across Saskatchewan and Alberta. Meanwhile, we are a Butler Buildings dealer and have erected approximately 6.5 million square feet of pre-engineered building space. We have been awarded Butler “Builder of the Year” and “Top Volume Builder” in Canada many times over the last 10 years.
What Do We Value?
We remain true to the same principles on which our company was founded:
- We put people first – We have a genuine and authentic commitment to people. At Wright Construction, family is more than a name.
- We do the right thing. Period.
- Relationships form our foundation – For over 100 years, we have had an uncompromising commitment to our teammates, partners, and our family. We take great pride in the relationships that we have built in our community.
- Our promise is our most vital product – We believe a handshake means something. We act with honesty, transparency, fairness, and accountability.
- Every challenge is an opportunity for success – We seek solutions and collaborate to overcome obstacles.
Our mission: Building people and communities together since 1905.
Our vision: To be the preferred builder, employer, and trusted partner in our communities
What Are We Looking For?
What Are We Looking For?
We are currently seeking a full-time Superintendent to join our team that is open and willing to travel.
Superintendents are responsible for Supervising and coordinating activities of site crews. This role ensures that a project is completed on time and within budget. This position is required to work on location, which may be throughout Western Canada. This position is required to work in weather extremes. This position may be required to conduct work outside of city limits and is therefore required to maintain a valid drivers license. This position interacts with sub-contractors, Project Managers, owners, and consultants on a day-to-day basis. This position reports to the Site Operations Team in our Saskatoon office.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Organize and direct project workflow
- Hold and participate in various meetings
- Schedule deliveries
- Perform internal manpower management and subtrades/suppliers management
- Manage QA/QC program
- Understand environmental requirements
- Manage on site project team, as applicable (Site Coordinator, Foreman, Assistant Superintendent, HSE Coordinators)
- Monitor and ensure on-site safety compliance.
- Train new employees.
- Enforce policies and procedures
- Be a mentor and leader for Superintendents and Foreman, and actively participate in developing team culture and promoting Wright Construction culture and values
- Be a leader in safety culture
- All other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in construction is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of Construction Supervision experience required; ability to supervise a crew of 10 or more.
- High school diploma required.
- Possession of a Journeyperson Carpenter ticket is preferred.
- Knowledge of the building process and detailed knowledge of all aspects of the concrete trades and practices is required; ability to read and interpret blueprints and plans.
- Understanding and commitment to safety required.
- Valid Driver’s license required.
- Strong code of ethics and integrity.
- Shows tact, diplomacy, and discretion in handling information of confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Must be able to work well within a team setting and contribute to team success.
- Be able to efficiently carry out tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Takes accountability for their roles and responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, communication, time management, planning, and organization skills.
What We Have to Offer You?
- Be part of a leading construction company while investing in your career
- Competitive compensation package
- Industry leading employer paid pension program
- Pension matching program
- Company paid benefit program
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Commitment to learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Professional and career development opportunities
Are you a good match, and wish to join our team? Apply Today!
If you are interested in this opportunity and in joining our team, please submit your cover letter and resume on our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Wright Construction however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.