Summary Of Position
- This position assists in the management of Construction projects.
- This position is 100% on site, and is an on-site project coordinator for a light industrial project.
- This position reports to the Construction Manager but works directly with a Project Managers, Superintendents, Sub-contractors, Consultants, and owners on a day-to-day basis.
Core responsibilities of:
- Work safely
- Realize client satisfaction
- Achieve corporate profitability
- Sustain subcontractor satisfaction
- Produce employee satisfaction
- Encourage positive teamwork and collaboration to ensure project objectives are met
- Prepare work plans for projects on which assigned.
- Assist in preparation of manpower and activity schedules.
- Implement the approved project work plan.
- Establish and maintain appropriate project files.
- Print all safety documents, RFI’s, Site Instructions, CCN’s, Change Orders, Shop Drawings for Superintendent to review. File/as‐built the documentation and complete any actions required by the superintendent.
- Upkeep and maintain the Project’s as‐built drawings based on changes and RFIs
- Collect and administer LEED documentation and inspections and submit accordingly.
- Collect and administer QA/QC and commissioning documentation and inspections; file documentation weekly.
- Provide weekly photo documentation.
- Maintain project specific RFI log; review potential RFI’s with Project Manager and Superintendent.
- Submit site progress report weekly to PM/Management.
- Complete site orientations as required.
- Site coordination in conjunction with Superintendent
- Coding of timesheets for review by Superintendent for self-performed work.
- Compile job deficiency lists, direct appropriate remedial action. Note any deficient documentation submissions on the deficiency list.
- Gathering of data and inputting of data for daily work reports including manpower counts, weather recording and on-site tasks for review with Superintendent.
- Take notes at daily Foreman meetings as required.
- Support Superintendent with safety procedures as required (weekly inspections, FLHA’s, job procedures, investigations etc.)
- Work directly with assisting Project managers, Superintendents, Subcontractors, Consultants and Owners
- Learn and promote Wright Construction policies and procedures
- Assist in the scheduling of meetings, and subcontractor work
- Assist in the estimating of project changes.
- Research solutions to conflicts and interferences
- All other duties as assigned
SUPERVISION EXERCISED. Initiates, coordinates, directs and evaluates plans, schedules and personnel to ensure attainment of established project objectives.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED. Receives direct supervision and assistance from Site Superintendent about Company policies and general project objectives
- Customer Focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Timely decision making – Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good times and bad; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he preaches
- Functional/technical skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Planning – accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results
- Problem solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Drive for Results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Time Management – uses time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Architectural Technology Diploma, Engineering Degree, or equivalent
- 2-5 years’ experience in Commercial, Industrial, and/or Institutional construction is preferred.
- Knowledge of all phases of building construction
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications for buildings
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Prior experience with Estimating and Project Scheduling are beneficial but not required.
- Computer literate on the following is preferred; Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Timberline Software, BIM Software.
- Experience related to safety, quality control and project scheduling is an asset.
This position will start in June 2022.