Wright Construction Western Inc. has been a leader in the construction industry for over a century. Wright and its predecessor companies were involved in monumental structures in Saskatoon, such as, the Delta Bessborough Hotel, United Church on Third Avenue, and several original U of S Buildings starting in 1910. Our projects range from retail commercial construction, industrial construction, and institutional construction.
This role ensures that projects are completed on time and within budget and that project objectives are met. This role will provide mentorship to other Project Managers.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Organize and direct the project work flow with Superintendents, Subcontractors, Consultants, and Owners.
- Manage the office project team and provide team mentorship/leadership
- Create overall schedule with the Site Superintendent
- Participate in pre-job planning/site layout meetings
- Manage and control costs on each project.
- Subtrade and supplier’s management.
- Facilitate weekly subtrade meetings
- Attend and participate in owner meetings.
- Understand owner expectations and develop professional working relationships.
- Schedule critical deliveries and understand critical paths.
- Identify, review, submit, and implement all RFI’s in conjunction with the project team.
- Review subcontractor submittals.
- Review, collect pricing, submit and implement all contract changes.
- Monitor subtrade quality of work and direct corrective actions where required.
- Organize and oversee all inspections and testing.
- Understand and manage risk
- Review site hazards when attending the job site.
- Promote Wright Construction culture and ethics.
- Demonstrate leadership in Wright Construction policies and procedures, including the safety culture. Promote education and awareness of these policies and procedures to work team.
- Ensure subtrade safety paperwork is completed.
- Attend monthly toolbox meetings.
- Architectural Technology Diploma, Engineering Degree, or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in commercial, industrial, and/or institutional construction is required
- Knowledge of all phases of building construction
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications for building
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Timberline, BIM and AutoCAD
- Experience with Estimating and Project Scheduling are preferred but not required
- Strong code of ethics and integrity
- Shows tact, diplomacy, and discretion in handling information of confidential and/or sensitive nature;
- Must be able to work well within a team setting and contribute to team success
- Be able to efficiently carry out tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Takes accountability for their roles and responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Must have excellent time management skills
What we offer:
- Fair and competitive compensation package
- Industry leading employer paid pension program
- Pension matching program
- Company paid benefit program
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Professional Development