Who Are We?
Wright Construction has been operating in Saskatchewan since 1905 with projects ranging from British Columbia to Ontario. We represent the longest operating construction company in the Province of Saskatchewan and in the City of Saskatoon.
Over three generations, Wright Construction has helped build this province. Along the way we have produced many landmarks across Western Canada, including the original buildings of the University of Saskatchewan, Hotel Saskatchewan in Regina, the Bessborough Hotel in Saskatoon, Merlis Belsher Place, the Grande Prairie Aquatic Center, Humboldt’s District Health Center and much more!
Wright Construction performs General Contracting, Design Build, Public-Private-Partnerships (P3s) and Construction Management services. We excel in a variety of commercial, institutional, mixed use and industrial environments. Each year we complete hundreds of thousands of square feet of retail space for various developers and retail chains. Wright Construction is a strong competitor in the institutional sector providing services to school and health boards across Saskatchewan and Alberta. Meanwhile, we are a Butler Buildings dealer and have erected approximately 6.5 million square feet of pre-engineered building space. We have been awarded Butler “Builder of the Year” and “Top Volume Builder” in Canada many times over the last 10 years.
What Do We Value?
We remain true to the same principles on which our company was founded:
- We put people first – We have a genuine and authentic commitment to people. At Wright Construction, family is more than a name.
- We do the right thing. Period.
- Relationships form our foundation – For over 100 years, we have had an uncompromising commitment to our teammates, partners, and our family. We take great pride in the relationships that we have built in our community.
- Our promise is our most vital product – We believe a handshake means something. We act with honesty, transparency, fairness, and accountability.
- Every challenge is an opportunity for success – We seek solutions and collaborate to overcome obstacles.
Our mission: Building people and communities together since 1905.
Our vision: To be the preferred builder, employer, and trusted partner in our communities.
What Are We Looking For?
We are currently seeking a permanent full-time Project Administrator to join our Pre-Engineering team located in our Saskatoon office.This role will be responsible for predominately administrative tasks but will encompass entry level project coordination tasks. This position provides the knowledge, skills and experience required to assist the Pre-Engineering Department.Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Project and drawing filing and job start-up tasks.
- Upload project documents and information to our project management website/portal.
- Draft subtrade contracts.
- Compile and issue subtrade packages.
- Draft small proposals and pricing submissions for clients.
- Assist with Butler orders, parts tracking, and Butler marketing aspects (Buildernet/iConnect).
- Ensure site personnel receive current drawings and documents in a timely manner (hard copies/electronic/enhanced drawings).
- Assist with internal tendering process and track progress.
- Provide invites to sub-contractors for tendering purposes.
- Meeting minutes.
- Requesting, tracking, and compiling O+M documentation.
- Responsible for document control.
- Manage Business Development Contact list.
- Maintain Butler charge back and reimbursements.
- All other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Office or Business Administration Certificate is preferred.
- Prior experience in Commercial, Industrial, and/or Institutional Construction is preferred.
- Experience with Timberline Software is preferred.
- Clear and precise verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to manage multiple high-level responsibilities and tasks
- Strong code of ethics and integrity.
- Shows tact, diplomacy, and discretion in handling information of confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Must be able to work well within a team setting and contribute to team success.
- Be able to efficiently carry out tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Takes accountability for their roles and responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Must have excellent time management skills.
- Not afraid to ask questions.
What We Have to Offer You?
- Be part of a leading construction company while investing in your career
- Competitive compensation package
- Industry leading employer paid pension program
- Pension matching program
- Company paid benefit program
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Commitment to learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Professional and career development opportunities