SUMMARY OF POSITION
- Project managers ensure that a project is completed on time and within budget, that the project’s objectives are met. Project managers oversee the project to ensure the desired result is achieved, the most efficient resources are used and the different interests involved are satisfied.
- This position is required to work in both an office and site setting.
- This position interacts with sub-contractors, superintendents, owners, and consultants on a day-to-day basis.
- This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and Director of Construction.
- This position will be required to travel
Core responsibilities of:
- Work safely
- Realize client satisfaction
- Achieve corporate profitability
- Sustain subcontractor satisfaction
- Product employee satisfaction
- Encourage positive teamwork and collaboration to ensure project objectives are met
- Organize and direct the project work flow with Superintendents, Subcontractors, Consultants, and Owners.
- Manage the office project team and provide team mentorship/leadership
- Create overall schedule with the Site Superintendent
- Participate in pre-job planning/site layout meetings
- Manage and control costs on each project.
- Subtrade and supplier’s management.
- Facilitate weekly subtrade meetings
- Attend and participate in owner meetings.
- Understand owner expectations and develop professional working relationships.
- Schedule critical deliveries and understand critical paths.
- Identify, review, submit, and implement all RFI’s in conjunction with the project team.
- Review subcontractor submittals.
- Review, collect pricing, submit and implement all contract changes.
- Monitor subtrade quality of work and direct corrective actions where required.
- Organize and oversee all inspections and testing.
- Understand and manage risk
- Review site hazards when attending the job site.
- Promote Wright Construction culture and ethics.
- Demonstrate leadership in Wright Construction policies and procedures, including the safety culture. Promote education and awareness of these policies and procedures to work team.
- Ensure subtrade safety paperwork is completed.
- Attend monthly toolbox meetings.
- All other duties as assigned
Initiates, coordinates, directs and evaluates plans, schedules and personnel to ensure attainment of established project objectives.
Receives assistance from the Project team when required. Is provided latitude for the exercise of independent judgement in establishing procedures and plans and execution strategies to ensure attainment of those objectives.
- Customer Focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Timely decision making – Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision
- Directing others – is good at establishing clear directions; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good times and bad; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he preaches
- Functional/technical skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Planning – accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results
- Problem solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Drive for Results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Building Effective Teams –Creates strong morale and team spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team
- Time Management – uses time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Architectural Technology Diploma, Engineering Degree, or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in commercial, industrial, and/or institutional construction is an asset
- Knowledge of all phases of building construction
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications for building
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience in the following beneficial, but not required:
- Microsoft Office Products
- Timberline Software
- BIM Software
- Experience with Estimating and Project Scheduling are preferred but not required