SUMMARY OF POSITION
- This position assists in the management of Construction projects.
- This position may be expected to perform duties in both the office and site settings
- This position reports to the Director of Construction but works directly with a Project Managers, Superintendents, Sub-contractors, Consultants, and owners on a day-to-day basis.
Core responsibilities of:
- Work safely
- Realize client satisfaction
- Achieve corporate profitability
- Sustain subcontractor satisfaction
- Product employee satisfaction
- Encourage positive teamwork and collaboration to ensure project objectives are met
- Prepare work plans for projects on which he/she has been assigned.
- Assist with tender and award processes as required.
- Assist with preparation of subcontracts.
- Assist PM and Superintendent prepare manpower and activity schedules.
- Implement the approved project work plan.
- Establish and Maintain project files.
- Ensure Project Collaborator and Timberline are up to date with most recent information
- Update and maintain contract drawings and logs; distribute to trades as required.
- Deliverables ‐ Expedite subcontractor shop drawings, samples, materials etc.
- Assist with preparation of a deliverables list (specification review)
- Establish timelines for deliverables (procurement schedule).
- Request deliverables, submit and distribute as required.
- Maintain deliverable logs (for submittals and samples etc)
- Expedite deliverable material to site.
- Attend and prepare minutes for project subcontractor meetings.
- Provide document turnover to Owner at project completion as appropriate
- Collection and assembly of project Operation & Maintenance manuals
- Assist the project manager with contract changes as required.
- Process LEED documents as required.
- Monitor and secure subcontract signatures; ensure return of documents
- Update Subcontractor contract submittal checklist
- Ensure information is up to date and assemble outstanding information for weekly priority report.
- Work directly with assisting Project managers, Superintendents, Subcontractors, Consultants and Owners
- Learn and promote Wright Construction policies and procedures
- Assist in the scheduling of meetings, and subcontractor work
- Assist in the estimating of project changes.
- Research solutions to conflicts and interferences
- All other duties as assigned
Initiates, coordinates, directs and evaluates plans, schedules and personnel to ensure attainment of established project objectives.
Receives direct supervision and assistance from the Project Manager about Company policies and general project objectives. Is provided some latitude for the exercise of independent judgement in establishing procedures and plans and execution strategies to ensure attainment of those objectives.
- Customer Focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Timely decision making – Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good times and bad; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he preaches
- Functional/technical skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Planning – accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results
- Problem solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Drive for Results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Time Management – uses time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Architectural Technology Diploma, Engineering Degree, or equivalent
- 2-5 years’ experience in Commercial, Industrial, and/or Institutional construction is preferred.
- Knowledge of all phases of building construction
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications for buildings
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Prior experience with Estimating and Project Scheduling are beneficial but not required.
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Timberline Software, and BIM Software.