Who Are We?
Wright Construction has been operating in Saskatchewan since 1905 with projects ranging from British Columbia to Ontario. We represent the longest operating construction company in the Province of Saskatchewan and in the City of Saskatoon.
For over 100 years, Wright Construction has helped build this province. Along the way we have produced many landmarks across Western Canada, including the original buildings of the University of Saskatchewan, Hotel Saskatchewan in Regina, the Bessborough Hotel in Saskatoon, Merlis Belsher Place, the Grande Prairie Aquatic Center, Humboldt’s District Health Center and much more!
Wright Construction performs General Contracting, Design Build, Public-Private-Partnerships (P3s) and Construction Management services. We excel in a variety of commercial, institutional, mixed use and industrial environments. Each year we complete hundreds of thousands of square feet of retail space for various developers and retail chains. Wright Construction is a strong competitor in the institutional sector providing services to school and health boards across Saskatchewan and Alberta. Meanwhile, we are a Butler Buildings dealer and have erected approximately 6.5 million square feet of pre-engineered building space. We have been awarded Butler “Builder of the Year” and “Top Volume Builder” in Canada many times over the last 10 years.
What Do We Value?
We remain true to the same principles on which our company was founded:
- We put people first – We have a genuine and authentic commitment to people. At Wright Construction, family is more than a name.
- We do the right thing. Period.
- Relationships form our foundation – For over 100 years, we have had an uncompromising commitment to our teammates, partners, and our family. We take great pride in the relationships that we have built in our community.
- Our promise is our most vital product – We believe a handshake means something. We act with honesty, transparency, fairness, and accountability.
- Every challenge is an opportunity for success – We seek solutions and collaborate to overcome obstacles
Our mission: Building people and communities together since 1905.
Our vision: To be the preferred builder, employer, and trusted partner in our communities.
What Are We Looking For?
We are currently seeking a permanent full-time Project Accountant to join our team located in our Saskatoon office.
The primary responsibility of this role is to support the Finance and Project Management teams under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Administer all project setup, project cost controls, and reporting for assigned projects.
- Understand project estimate values and methodology.
- Preparation and review of monthly project cost reporting to ensure accuracy of job costs.
- Perform Consultant and Subcontractor contract and invoice review.
- Facilitate monthly cost to complete process with Project Management teams.
- Generate reports including Timesheets, A/R, A/P, and Job Cost.
- Cost variance analysis with an understanding of construction key issues.
- Assist with project cash flow reporting and forecasting.
- Assist project teams with any questions or needs related to the job costs.
- Prepare monthly progress claims for assigned projects.
- Review invoices, payments, and compliance for assigned projects.
- Provide system support and training to Project Managers and Coordinators as required.
- Provide project summary reports for Leadership team.
- Develop procedures for cross department processes as required.
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Bachelor of Commerce with Accounting major required
- CPA designation or currently enrolled in CPA program preferred
- 1-5 years of experience is preferred
- Experience with Accounting software is an asset
- Effective computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Knowledge of the Construction Industry is an asset
- Must be able to work well within a team setting and contribute to team success
- Be able to efficiently carry out tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Exemplifies core values of honesty, integrity, and respect
- Self-motivated and shows initiative to identify process improvements
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and enthusiasm
- Takes accountability for their roles and responsibilities
- Must have excellent time management skills
What We Have to Offer You?
- Be part of a leading construction company while investing in your career
- Competitive compensation package
- Industry leading employer paid pension program
- Pension matching program
- Company paid benefit program
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Commitment to learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Professional and career development opportunities
Are you a good match, and wish to join our team? Apply Today!
If you are interested in this opportunity and in joining our team, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Wright Construction however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.