SUMMARY OF POSITION
- This role is responsible for assisting the Apprentices and Journeypersons on our job sites. This includes but is not limited to constructing and maintaining institutional, commercial, and industrial buildings.
- The Labourer will have to work in weather extremes.
- Include, but are not limited to:
- Create cement forms;
- Slab Preparation;
- Build other items as required;
- Operate and maintain carpentry tools and equipment;
- Respect and respond to direction given by lead-hand(s), foremen, and superintendents;
- Perform renovations as required;
- Site clean-up; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned, including minor duties of other trades as long as the work does not exceed own limitations.
- Understand and comply with all Policies and Procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Customer Focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good times and bad; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he preaches.
- Functional/technical skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Planning – accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps.
- Time Management – uses time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates efforts on the more important priorities.
- High School Diploma preferred
- Experience in commercial, industrial, and/or institutional construction is an asset
- Valid Driver’s license and/or reliable transportation preferred
- Willingness to travel is an asset but not required