Who Are We?
Wright Construction has been operating in Saskatchewan since 1905 with projects ranging from British Columbia to Ontario. We represent the longest operating construction company in the Province of Saskatchewan and in the City of Saskatoon. We also have a satellite office in Calgary, Alberta.
Over three generations, Wright Construction has helped build this province. Along the way we have produced many landmarks across Western Canada, including the original buildings of the University of Saskatchewan, Hotel Saskatchewan in Regina, the Bessborough Hotel in Saskatoon, Merlis Belsher Place, the Grande Prairie Aquatic Center, Humboldt’s District Health Center and much more!
Wright Construction performs General Contracting, Design Build, Public-Private-Partnerships (P3s) and Construction Management services. We excel in a variety of commercial, institutional, mixed use and industrial environments. Each year we complete hundreds of thousands of square feet of retail space for various developers and retail chains. Wright Construction is a strong competitor in the institutional sector providing services to school and health boards across Saskatchewan and Alberta. Meanwhile, we are a Butler Buildings dealer and have erected approximately 6.5 million square feet of pre-engineered building space. We have been awarded Butler “Builder of the Year” and “Top Volume Builder” in Canada many times over the last 10 years.
What Do We Value?
We remain true to the same principles on which our company was founded:
- We put people first – We have a genuine and authentic commitment to people. At Wright Construction, family is more than a name.
- We do the right thing. Period.
- Relationships form our foundation – For over 100 years, we have had an uncompromising commitment to our teammates, partners, and our family. We take great pride in the relationships that we have built in our community.
- Our promise is our most vital product – We believe a handshake means something. We act with honesty, transparency, fairness, and accountability.
- Every challenge is an opportunity for success – We seek solutions and collaborate to overcome obstacles.
Our mission: Building people and communities together since 1905.
Our vision: To be the preferred builder, employer, and trusted partner in our communities.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Resolve server and infrastructure problems and provide effective remedies.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks, and computer workstations and peripheral equipment.
- Evaluate and install computer hardware, networking software, and operating system software.
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks and to coordinate access and use of computer networks.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Implement Network traffic and security monitoring software.
- Upgrade firmware, operating systems and applications, including applying patches.
- Ensure smooth operation of the systems, including monitoring and tuning system performance.
- Maintain and support in-house systems.
- Maintain awareness of server and other infrastructure technology and software. Recommend assimilation of potentially useful products or services into supported product line.
- Install new server and infrastructure hardware and software; ensure systems are secure and reliable and collaborate with clients to define and implement operational procedures (maintenance windows, backup schedules, monitoring software).
- Manage IT related accounts: telecommunications, sales, service
- Manage user hardware: cell phones, tablets, computers, accessories
- Manage building security system: assign codes, restrict areas, maintain / repair system
- Manage video surveillance for offices and sites: purchase, configure, install
- Manage Telecommunications: servers, cabling, licenses, configuration, handsets
- Manage Web Servers – designing hardware builds, configuring and maintaining the server OS, server configurations, managing databases.
- Web Programming – PHP, HTML, JS, CSS, AJAX
- Database Administration – capacity planning, installation, configuration, database design, database queries
- Configure office HVAC system
- Lead in the selection and purchase of server and infrastructure hardware and software.
- Assist in producing documentation.
- All other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology Diploma, or related post-secondary education; with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience installing, configuring, optimizing, and securing server systems.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience working with desktop and server operating systems and software such as:
- Linux / Unix Based Servers: Ubuntu, FreeNas,
- Windows 03, 08, 12, 16 Server
- Windows Hyper-V Virtual Server
- Windows 7, 8, 10
- Sonic WALL, Cisco, Forti
- Microsoft Exchange
- Sage Software
- BIM Software
- Mitel MCD, PBX, Bridge and phones
- Excellent knowledge of and working experience with network protocols.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience working with server virtualization platforms.
- Experience working with network devices as well as server and PC hardware.
- Knowledge of database systems and experience working with PHP, HTML, JS, AJAX and other web-based programming assets.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving capabilities, with highly developed interpersonal skills. Dedicated to providing exemplary customer service.
- Strong code of ethics and integrity.
- Shows tact, diplomacy, and discretion in handling information of confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Must be able to work well within a team setting and contribute to team success.
- Be able to efficiently carry out tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Takes accountability for their roles and responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, communication, time management, planning, and organization skills.
What We Have to Offer You?
- Be part of a leading construction company while investing in your career
- Competitive compensation package
- Industry leading employer paid pension program
- Pension matching program
- Company paid benefit program
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Commitment to learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Professional and career development opportunities
Are you a good match, and wish to join our team? Apply Today!
If you are interested in this opportunity and in joining our team, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to December 24, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Wright Construction however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.