Who Are We?
Wright Construction has been operating in Saskatchewan since 1905 with projects ranging from British Columbia to Ontario. We represent the longest operating construction company in the Province of Saskatchewan and in the City of Saskatoon.
Over three generations, Wright Construction has helped build this province. Along the way we have produced many landmarks across Western Canada, including the original buildings of the University of Saskatchewan, Hotel Saskatchewan in Regina, the Bessborough Hotel in Saskatoon, Merlis Belsher Place, the Grande Prairie Aquatic Center, Humboldt’s District Health Center and much more!
Wright Construction performs General Contracting, Design Build, Public-Private-Partnerships (P3s) and Construction Management services. We excel in a variety of commercial, institutional, mixed use and industrial environments. Each year we complete hundreds of thousands of square feet of retail space for various developers and retail chains. Wright Construction is a strong competitor in the institutional sector providing services to school and health boards across Saskatchewan and Alberta. Meanwhile, we are a Butler Buildings dealer and have erected approximately 6.5 million square feet of per-engineered building space. We have been awarded Butler “Builder of the Year” and “Top Volume Builder” in Canada many times over the last 10 years.
What Do We Value?
We remain true to the same principles on which our company was founded:
- We put people first – We have a genuine and authentic commitment to people. At Wright Construction, family is more than a name.
- We do the right thing. Period.
- Relationships form our foundation – For over 100 years, we have had an uncompromising commitment to our teammates, partners, and our family. We take great pride in the relationships that we have built in our community.
- Our promise is our most vital product – We believe a handshake means something. We act with honesty, transparency, fairness, and accountability.
- Every challenge is an opportunity for success – We seek solutions and collaborate to overcome obstacles.
Our mission: Building people and communities together since 1905.
Our vision: To be the preferred builder, employer, and trusted partner in our communities.
What Are We Looking For?
We are currently seeking a permanent full-time HSE Manager to join our HSE team located in our Saskatoon office. However, this position is required to travel to various projects throughout Canada.
Reporting to the Director of Construction, the HSE Manager is responsible for the design, implementation, communications, and coordinator of all environmental, health, and safety programs for the company. This position will provide leadership and coordination of the day-to-day safety requirements.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides support to the HSE team. Assist in coaching, mentoring and implementation of the programs in the field.
- Regularly review and be familiar with all applicable legislation and applicable standards to ensure compliance.
- Inform and coordinate with the Project teams of any legislative changes that will impact projects.
- Formulates and implements policies, procedure and programs on construction safety that comply with OHS regulations.
- Develop a Safety Management Plan for the project to ensure a safe work environment for all company employees, contractors, visitors, and the community.
- Regularly audit for compliance and update to ensure relevancy.
- Organize and schedule safety site rotation of the team.
- Send weekly safety emails to Wright Construction.
- Weekly site rotation schedule
- Update on incidents and safety news.
- Lessons learned.
- Participate and assist the supervisors, superintendents, and safety team in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause and corrective actions where necessary.
- Ensure correct actions are followed-up with and completed.
- Assist the HSE Administrator on Modified duties and return to work programs. Ensuring employees are following the programs.
- Receives complaints and reports on safety concerns. Involved in investigations. Reports on dangerous working conditions and acts to senior management.
- Review safety obligations of the clients and ensure they are carried out as per the terms of agreement, and communicated to the Project Management, Supervisors, Superintendents, and safety team.
- Ensure new employees are safety orientated, and all required safety documentation is completed and forwarded to the appropriate departments.
- Ensure Site Superintendents and safety team are maintaining and updating safety boards. This includes, but is not limited to: Safety Policies, Inspection and audit results, Hazard assessments, location of first aid, and trained employees on site.
- Coordinate a regular meeting with project safety team to review issues, trends and upcoming conditions or events.
- Read and approve sub-trade safety contract documents before sent to site.
- Annually review and update safety manual.
- All other duties as required
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Occupational Health and Safety Degree, Diploma or Certificate preferred.
- National Construction Safety Officer Certificate preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of Health and Safety field experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Valid Safety Tickets
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications.
- Valid driver’s license and able to travel
- The following skill set is required: Incident Investigation, leadership, conflict resolution, communication and interpersonal, problem solving, attention to detail, safety focused and orientated.
What We Have to Offer You?
- Be part of a leading construction company while investing in your career
- Competitive compensation package
- Industry leading employer paid pension program
- Pension matching program
- Company paid benefit program
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Commitment to learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Professional and career development opportunities
Are you a good match, and wish to join our team? Apply Today!
If you are interested in this opportunity and in joining our team, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Wright Construction however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.