Wright Construction Western Inc. has been a leader in the construction industry for over a century. Wright and its predecessor companies were involved in monumental structures in Saskatoon, such as, the Delta Bessborough Hotel, United Church on Third Avenue, and several original U of S Buildings starting in 1910. Our projects range from retail commercial construction, industrial construction, and institutional construction.
This role will provide administrative services to the HR Advisor and HSE Manager and acts as a first point of contact, to provide HR/Safety services across the organization with a roll up their sleeves style approach.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Under the guidance of the HR Advisor, this position will provide advice, support, and services in a variety of HR areas.
- Support recruitment activities.
- Create and maintain personnel files.
- Track and receive probationary reviews, exit interviews, benefit and pension enrollments; update systems accordingly.
- Register and track training; schedule follow-ups
- Liaise with payroll for resolution of employee questions, policies, and procedures, benefits and compensation issues for employees.
- Make all inquiries with Service Canada, and other legislative bodies.
- Stay current with updates in HR best practices and employment legislation; manage employment act and human rights disputes.
- Draft preliminary disciplinary and explanatory letters for employees.
- Assist with development and implementation of HR policies and procedures. Assist with compensation research.
- Support and assist with safety initiatives.
- Assists and updates employee data within the HRIS System (Project Collaborator/Payroll).
- Indenture new apprentices and submit hours bi-annually.
- Collect monthly project reports for submission
- Maintain injury tracker that we can track Provincial Worker Compensation Board
- Develop Leading/Lagging tracker for Targets & Objectives
- Secretary to joint safety committees (offices) – collect inspection reports, agendas and follow up actions
- Collect training certificates and maintain tracker
- Maintain Provincial COR documentation including audit programs/corrective actions.
- Assist the H&S, Environmental Manager in any other task needed
- Maintain safety boards and information for posting.
- Post secondary education in HR preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience in an HR capacity
- Experience with Construction Safety preferred, with exposure to OH&S and Claims Management
- Effective computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Knowledge of the Construction Industry is an asset
- Working knowledge of HR best practices and regulations, including the Employment Standards Act(s) – as we operate across Western Canada, understanding of multiple legislations will be required, Human Rights Legislation, and Occupational Health and Safety;
- Strong code of ethics and integrity
- Shows tact, diplomacy, and discretion in handling information of confidential and/or sensitive nature;
- Must be able to work well within a team setting and contribute to team success
- Be able to efficiently carry out tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Takes accountability for their roles and responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
Must have excellent time management skills
What we offer:
- Fair and competitive compensation package
- Industry leading employer paid pension program
- Pension matching program
- Company paid benefit program
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Professional Development