Summary Of Position
- This position will work as part of the Human Resources (HR) Team and reports directly to the HR Manager.
- This position is responsible for supporting, developing, and implementing a wide range of services and programs that align with the Company’s goals.
- This role provides HR services across the organization with a roll up their sleeves style approach.
- This role supports HR practices and objectives that will provide an employee-orientated, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, engagement, quality, and productivity.
- This opportunity will suit someone who thrives on challenges, and who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where the ability to adapt effectively to processes and change is key.
- The environment is seasonally fast-paced, especially in recruitment during our peak season (May – October)
- This position works out of a shared space.
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the HR team by identifying, researching, and developing HR programs, policies, strategies, and actions required to support business goals and enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Support recruitment activities:
- Partner with Company leaders to understand hiring needs and manage and facilitate the entire hiring process from job posting through to offer for assigned roles.
- Job posting creation, screening resumes, scheduling interviews, providing input on hiring decisions, and performing reference checks.
- Representing the Company, as a brand ambassador, at recruiting events and career fairs to attract talent.
- Conduct onboarding of new hires.
- Act as an advocate for the business and employees while implementing HR strategies, programs, and processes. This includes, benefit and pension programs, compensation, training and development, attendance and performance management, on-boarding and off-boarding activities, and workplace culture.
- Participate in the full employment cycle; this includes probationary reviews, exit interviews, benefit and pension enrollments, evaluations, discipline etc.
- Liaise with payroll for resolution of employee questions, policies, and procedures, benefits, and compensation issues for employees.
- Informed on HR best practices regarding business and industry changes and development and make recommendations for improvements to HR processes and services.
- Provide timely advice, guidance, and information to employees and leaders on the interpretation and application of company policies, procedures, guidelines, benefits, and applicable regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Provide analytical support regarding HR data and metrics.
- Create professional presentations, proposals, and reports for the recommendation of enhancements to HR processes and services.
- Participate on cross departmental teams and Committees.
- Embrace and support change within the Department and Company.
- All other duties as assigned
- Customer Focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Timely decision making – Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision.
- Directing others –Maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good times and bad; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what is preached.
- Functional/technical skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Planning – accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Problem solving – Solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Drive for Results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Building Effective Teams – Creates strong morale and team spirit; fosters open dialogue; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Time Management – uses time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates efforts on the more important priorities; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources required, preferably a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in an HR capacity, showing increase in responsibilities.
- Experience in Construction Industry an asset.
- Working knowledge of HR best practices and regulations, including the Employment Standards Act(s) – as we operate across Western Canada, understanding of multiple legislations will be required, Human Rights Legislation, and Occupational Health and Safety.
- Strong proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. With working knowledge of other Office 365 products and the ability to easily learn new software programs.
- Strong communication, presentation, planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail is required.
- Ability to multi-task, manage competing priorities and move projects forward with minimal supervision. Proven self-starter with strong sense of accountability and problem-solving skills.
- Strong code of ethics and integrity.
- Shows tact, diplomacy, and discretion in handling information of confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada on an unrestricted basis.