Who Are We?
Wright Construction has been operating in Saskatchewan since 1905 with projects ranging from British Columbia to Ontario. We represent the longest operating construction company in the Province of Saskatchewan and in the City of Saskatoon.
For over 100 years, Wright Construction has helped build this province. Along the way we have produced many landmarks across Western Canada, including the original buildings of the University of Saskatchewan, Hotel Saskatchewan in Regina, the Bessborough Hotel in Saskatoon, Merlis Belsher Place, the Grande Prairie Aquatic Center, Humboldt’s District Health Center and much more!
Wright Construction performs General Contracting, Design Build, Public-Private-Partnerships (P3s) and Construction Management services. We excel in a variety of commercial, institutional, mixed use and industrial environments. Each year we complete hundreds of thousands of square feet of retail space for various developers and retail chains. Wright Construction is a strong competitor in the institutional sector providing services to school and health boards across Saskatchewan and Alberta. Meanwhile, we are a Butler Buildings dealer and have erected approximately 6.5 million square feet of pre-engineered building space. We have been awarded Butler “Builder of the Year” and “Top Volume Builder” in Canada many times over the last 10 years.
What Do We Value?
We remain true to the same principles on which our company was founded:
- We put people first – We have a genuine and authentic commitment to people. At Wright Construction, family is more than a name.
- We do the right thing. Period.
- Relationships form our foundation – For over 100 years, we have had an uncompromising commitment to our teammates, partners, and our family. We take great pride in the relationships that we have built in our community.
- Our promise is our most vital product – We believe a handshake means something. We act with honesty, transparency, fairness, and accountability.
- Every challenge is an opportunity for success – We seek solutions and collaborate to overcome obstacles
Our mission: Building people and communities together since 1905.
Our vision: To be the preferred builder, employer, and trusted partner in our communities.
What Are We Looking For?
We are currently seeking a temporary full-time HR Advisor to join our team located in our Saskatoon office.
This role is responsible for supporting, developing, and implementing a wide range of services and programs that align with the Company’s goals. This position reports to the HR Manager.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate interest and understanding of Company priorities with a reasonable level of business judgment.
- Execute a workplace plan by sourcing, selecting, hiring, on-boarding, and developing people to address competency needs and retain qualified talent aligned with the organizations strategic objectives.
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the HR team by identifying, researching, and developing HR programs, policies, strategies, and actions required to support business goals and enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Act as an advocate for the business and employees while implementing HR strategies, programs, and processes. This includes, benefit and pension programs, compensation, training and development, attendance and performance management, on-boarding and off-boarding activities, and workplace culture.
- Participate in the full employment cycle; this includes probationary reviews, exit interviews, benefit and pension enrollments, evaluations, discipline etc.
- Liaise with payroll for resolution of employee questions, policies, and procedures, benefits, and compensation issues for employees.
- Provide timely advice, guidance, and information to employees and leaders on the interpretation and application of company policies, procedures, guidelines, benefits, and applicable regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Provide analytical support regarding HR data and metrics.
- Create professional presentations, proposals, and reports for the recommendation of enhancements to HR processes and services.
- Participate on cross departmental teams and Committees.
- All other duties as assigned
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources required, preference will be given to a bachelor’s degree.
- CPHR Designation is considered an asset.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience in an HR capacity, showing increase in responsibilities.
- Experience in Construction Industry an asset.
- Working knowledge of HR best practices and regulations, including the Employment Standards Act(s) – as we operate across Western Canada, understanding of multiple legislations will be required, Human Rights Legislation, and Occupational Health and Safety.
- Strong proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. With working knowledge of other Office 365 products and the ability to easily learn new software programs.
- Must be able to work well within a team setting and contribute to team success
- Be able to efficiently carry out tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and shows initiative to identify process improvements
- Strong communication, presentation, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage competing priorities and move projects forward with minimal supervision. Proven self-starter with strong sense of accountability and problem-solving skills
- Strong code of ethics and integrity
- Shows tact, diplomacy, and discretion in handling information of confidential and/or sensitive nature
- This opportunity will suit someone who thrives on challenges, and who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where the ability to adapt effectively to processes and change is key
- The environment is seasonally fast-paced, especially in recruitment during our peak season (May – October)
What We Have to Offer You?
- Be part of a leading construction company while investing in your career
- Competitive compensation package
- Industry leading employer paid pension program
- Pension matching program
- Company paid benefit program
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Commitment to learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Professional and career development opportunities
Are you a good match, and wish to join our team? Apply Today!
If you are interested in this opportunity and in joining our team, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Wright Construction however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.