Who Are We?
Wright Construction has been operating in Saskatchewan since 1905 with projects ranging from British Columbia to Ontario. We represent the longest operating construction company in the Province of Saskatchewan and in the City of Saskatoon.
Over three generations, Wright Construction has literally helped build this province. Along the way we have produced many landmarks across Western Canada, including the original buildings of the University of Saskatchewan, Hotel Saskatchewan in Regina, the Bessborough Hotel in Saskatoon, the Grande Prairie Aquatic Center, Humboldt’s District Health Center and much more!
Wright Construction performs General Contracting, Design Build, Public-Private-Partnerships (P3s) and Construction Management services. We excel in a variety of commercial, institutional, mixed use and industrial environments. Each year we complete hundreds of thousands of square feet of retail space for various developers and retail chains. Wright Construction is a strong competitor in the institutional sector providing services to school and health boards across Saskatchewan and Alberta. Meanwhile, Wright Construction has maintained a strong industrial division and have built most Pre-Engineered Butler Buildings in and around Saskatoon and Saskatchewan.
What Are We Looking For?
We are currently seeking a permanent full-time Estimator to join our Estimating team located in our Saskatoon office.
This role will prepare and coordinate preparation of estimates, identify risk and revenue opportunities and solicit pricing. This position will mentor members of the Estimating team and reports to the Chief Estimator.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Conducts a detailed analysis of subtrade quotes received.
- Conducts a detailed analysis of the contract documents and specifications, to determine overall project requirements (bonding, insurance, etc) and identify any associated risk factors, including the monitoring of published addenda’s that may alter the original scope of the project.
- Completes full quantity take-off of all labour, equipment, and materials required to complete the project as per contract specifications to ensure accuracy of pricing.
- Establishes a critical path schedule on the estimated milestones progress dates and completion timelines to meet the contract completion dates.
- Solicits pricing from subcontractors and suppliers for labour, equipment, and materials, to ascertain the lowest price while meeting Wright’s safety and quality standards.
- Complete final cost estimate of a project using Wright’s software system, incorporating all labour, equipment, and material data, pricing documentation, overhead and profit margins, and produces a final tender submission for review and approval of the final tender documents for submission to the client.
- Assists in the preparation of the final tender documents for submission to client on behalf of Wright to meet contract deadline submission requirements.
- Assists in maintaining databases for historical costing information, subtrade solicitation, and current costing data.
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Architectural and Building Technology Diploma, Engineering Degree, or equivalent combination of technical training plus experience.
- 5 -10 years prior estimating experience on commercial, infrastructure, and design-build projects is required.
- Familiar with how to read and interpret construction documents (ie. Architectural and structural drawings and specifications)
- Ability to calculate mathematical extensions, read and understand purchase orders, contracts, cost coding systems is essential.
- Intermediate knowledge of key principles involved in bid preparation, including quantity take off procedures, sub-trade procurement, pricing, and bid-closing procedures.
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office and Project software.
- Must be able to work well within a team setting and contribute to team success
- Strong written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills required.
- Be able to efficiently carry out tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Exemplifies core values of honesty, integrity, and respect
- Self-motivated and shows initiative to identify process improvements
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and enthusiasm
- Takes accountability for their roles and responsibilities
- Must have excellent time management skills
What We Have To Offer You?
- Be part of a leading construction company while investing in your career
- Competitive compensation package
- Industry leading employer paid pension program
- Pension matching program
- Company paid benefit program
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Commitment to learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Professional and career development opportunities
Are you a good match, and wish to join our team? Apply Today!
If you are interested in this opportunity and in joining our team, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com prior to May 22, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Wright Construction however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.