SUMMARY OF COMPANY
- Founded in 1905, Wright Construction and its predecessor companies have been building more than just bricks and mortar; we’ve been building landmarks all across Western Canada. Along the way, we’ve created strong alliances with our customers and secured a solid reputation. We remain true to the same principles on which our company was founded: providing superior service to our clients, putting safety first, creating opportunities for our people, and delivering exceptional work.Our head office is in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan with a branch office in Calgary, Alberta. Wright employs approximately 250 people.
Wright Construction performs General Contracting, Design Build, Public-Private-Partnerships (P3s) and Construction Management services. Wright excels in a variety of commercial, institutional, mixed use and industrial environments. Each year we complete hundreds of thousands of square feet of retail space for various developers and retail chains. Wright is a strong competitor in the institutional sector providing services to school and health boards across Saskatchewan and Alberta. In addition to this, Wright Construction has maintained a strong industrial division and have built most Pre-Engineered Butler Buildings in and around Saskatoon and Saskatchewan.
We are a team-oriented, family-owned company and are continually seeking valued members to add to our loyal team.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
- Fit and install trim items, such as doors, stairs, moulding and hardware
- This position reports to the Superintendent and respects and responds to the direction given by himself or the Foreman.
- Understand and comply with all policies and procedures.
- Occupational Skills: Operate and maintain carpentry tools and equipment, prepare estimates for work orders and request material required to complete the job; understand and comply with all policies and procedures and safety protocols.
- Planning and Layout: Site layout, floor and wall layout, formwork, and anchor bolt layout.
- Concrete: Prepare framing, Mix and Pour, Create forms, and Stairs.
- Framing: Doors, windows, parapet
- Exterior Finish: Siding, Roofing, Set Windows, Masonry and Plaster work.
- Interior Finish: Drywall, Flooring, Hang Doors, install door hardware, install millwork, specialty items (ie: tack boards, lockers, bathroom partitions, acoustical panels, etc).
- Renovations: Perform as required.
- Assist with the delivery of other related municipal services.
- Supervise apprentices and other staff as directed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned, including minor duties of other trades or labourers where certification is not required, and the work does not exceed own limitations.
- Set up and maintain safety items on site such as handrails, floor coverings, temp enclosures, control zones, and tie off points.
- Promote safe work and a safety culture on site.
- QA/QC: Maintain quality control in work completed by yourself and your team. Work with Supervisor to monitor overall quality of work on site.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Customer Focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers;
- Timely decision making – Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision
- Directing others – is good at establishing clear directions; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; is a clear communicator
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good times and bad; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he preaches
- Functional/technical skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Planning – accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; breaks down work into the process steps;
- Problem solving – uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Time Management – uses time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates efforts on the more important priorities; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Journeyperson carpenter certificate or apprentice carpenter certificate
- Experience in commercial, industrial, and/or institutional construction is an asset
- Knowledge of all phases of building construction
- Knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools
- Knowledge of building materials, tools and machines
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Time management skills
- Knowledge of safety legislation
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications for building
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Valid driver’s license and own vehicle
- Dependable and reliable
This position is considered full-time temporary. Wright Construction offers:
- Competitive wages to be determined based on experience and education
- Benefit and Pension packages
To apply please submit your resume via email to email@example.com