Summary Of Position
- This role will report to the Superintendent and is responsible for ensuring that everything goes smoothly at a construction site. They are responsible for being the point of contact between the construction workers and superintendents.
- Hold daily huddles
- Internal manpower management
- Monitor subtrade quality of work and direct corrective actions where required
- Ensure all field crews are working with current information
- Organize and oversee all inspections and testing
- Be a leader in safety culture by reviewing site hazards daily, promoting education/awareness on safety policies/procedures, holding weekly toolbox meetings, maintaining site cleanliness, identifying proper training of staff and subtrades, and hosting and attending monthly OHC meetings.
- Perform cost control including PO/paperwork (solicit pricing) and equipment/tool allocation (renting vs. purchasing
- Be a mentor/leader for employees and promote Wright Construction culture and values
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Customer Focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Timely decision making – Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision
- Directing others – is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good times and bad; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he preaches
- Functional/technical skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Planning – accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results
- Problem solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Drive for Results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Building Effective Teams – Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and team spirit in his team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team
- Time Management – uses time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- High school diploma preferred.
- 3 years’ experience in a Foreman capacity required.
- Journeyperson ticket or proof of enrollment in Apprenticeship preferred, however, an equivalent amount of experience or education will be considered.
- Experience in commercial, industrial, and/or institutional construction is an asset
- Valid driver’s license and own vehicle preferred.
- Willingness to travel is an asset but not required.
- Prior equipment experience is considered an asset.
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications for building
- Ability to work with little supervision and as part of a team
- Knowledge of all phases of building construction
- Knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools
- Knowledge of building materials
- General computer, writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- The following skills are required: Time management; Safety conscious; Creative thinking; Problem solving; Dependability and accountability; Decision making; Planning and organizing; Mathematical reasoning; Coaching and mentoring; Effective communication.