SUMMARY OF POSITION
- This position supports Senior Management and performs a variety of administrative functions.
- This position is responsible for organizing travel for company personnel and coordination of corporate events.
- This role performs general administrative tasks as well as manages the President’s schedule and logistics.
- Overall coordination of the day-to-day activities of the President
- Book flights, accommodations, and rental vehicles for all staff
- Manage company events, including but not limited to:
- Social Events;
- Christmas Party and Seasonal activities; and
- Staff meetings and luncheons;
- General Administrative Tasks, including but not limited to:
- Meeting minutes and agenda;
- Organize and distribute event tickets;
- Order and manage Company clothing and marketing material;
- Organize filing room;
- Order office supplies; and
- Receptionist back-up on occasion.
- All other duties as assigned
- Customer Focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Time Management – uses time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good times and bad; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he preaches.
- Functional/technical skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Planning – accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks.
- Problem solving – uses logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis.
- Drive for Results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Office or Business Administration certificate or diploma with a minimum of 2 years prior experience
- Microsoft Office experience required
- Prior construction experience considered an asset
- Maintains confidentiality
- Works effectively in a team environment
- Adept at communicating, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to meet deadlines, self-motivated, and a continuous improvement mindset
- Reliable and dependable is required
- Possession of a valid driver’s license