Who Are We?
Wright Construction has been operating in Saskatchewan since 1905 with projects ranging from British Columbia to Ontario. We represent the longest operating construction company in the Province of Saskatchewan and in the City of Saskatoon.
Over three generations, Wright Construction has helped build this province. Along the way we have produced many landmarks across Western Canada, including the original buildings of the University of Saskatchewan, Hotel Saskatchewan in Regina, the Bessborough Hotel in Saskatoon, Merlis Belsher Place, the Grande Prairie Aquatic Center, Humboldt’s District Health Center and much more!
Wright Construction performs General Contracting, Design Build, Public-Private-Partnerships (P3s) and Construction Management services. We excel in a variety of commercial, institutional, mixed use and industrial environments. Each year we complete hundreds of thousands of square feet of retail space for various developers and retail chains. Wright Construction is a strong competitor in the institutional sector providing services to school and health boards across Saskatchewan and Alberta. Meanwhile, we are a Butler Buildings dealer and have erected approximately 6.5 million square feet of pre-engineered building space. We have been awarded Butler “Builder of the Year” and “Top Volume Builder” in Canada many times over the last 10 years.
What Do We Value?
We remain true to the same principles on which our company was founded:
- We put people first – We have a genuine and authentic commitment to people. At Wright Construction, family is more than a name.
- We do the right thing. Period.
- Relationships form our foundation – For over 100 years, we have had an uncompromising commitment to our teammates, partners, and our family. We take great pride in the relationships that we have built in our community.
- Our promise is our most vital product – We believe a handshake means something. We act with honesty, transparency, fairness, and accountability.
- Every challenge is an opportunity for success – We seek solutions and collaborate to overcome obstacles.
Our mission: Building people and communities together since 1905.
Our vision: To be the preferred builder, employer, and trusted partner in our communities.
What Are We Looking For?
We are currently seeking a permanent full-time Receptionist to join our team located in our Saskatoon office.
This role is responsible for providing clerical and administrative support to ensure that the Company services are provided in an effective and efficient manner. This position reports to the CFO.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
1. Sort and deliver mail to office staff
2. Post mail
3. Strike out recycle paper
5. Letters for Lorne and Stu
6. Voicemail transcription
8. Local and out of town couriers (FedEx,
Purolator, CanDo, STC)
9. Labels for envelopes
10. Answering the phone
11. Keeping count of who is in and out of the
12. Miscellaneous tasks assigned by other
13. Match PO’s to invoices as they come in
14. Vendor and Cost Code invoices on a daily
basis when new invoices arrive
15. Get invoices approved by Supers and PM’s
16. Letters for Stu
17. Minutes and Agendas templates when
requested by Lorne
18. Empty/load dishwasher, wipe down tables in
19. Check board rooms daily
20. Book board rooms and hospitality for
meetings if required
21. Keep track of all packages on spreadsheet
and distribute them accordingly
1. Calgary courier
2. AP: (60+ vendors)
a. Enter and check invoices that were received
b. Vendor/ Coded/ Approved and ready for
c. Approve EPO and check invoices on
d. Communicate with vendors when required
e. Print cheques, get signed, and send in mail
f. Photocopy and put asset and PST invoices in
Payroll Clerk’s office in the proper folders assigned
g. Photocopy all cost plus invoices and
put into the “cost plus folder folder” for Billings
3. Process all credit applications as requested
and get them signed
4. Fuel allocation from yard fuel, enter data weekly
and match it up to the weekly invoice for payment
5. Hired labour time sheets matching, allocate
invoice amount to proper cost code based on
stage of project
6. Job filing (sorting, hole punching, clipping,
creating new labels)
7. AP filing
1. ‘Insured Drivers’ list
a. Update/add/remove drivers
b. Send requests via email to AON when someone
wants to be added to the list
c. Add individual to the ‘Insured Drivers’ list once
AON emails back and notifies that they have been
2. Reconcile fuel receipts, logs, invoices for:
a. Co-op card lock spreadsheet
b. Petro card lock spreadsheet
3. Staples/Desjardin invoice:
a. Compare all packing slips received from
Saskatoon and Calgary offices to the invoice received
and enter totals and GST into the Desjardin’s
spreadsheet; print and pay (must be paid upon arrival)
4. Pay/set up utilities for rental units
a. Pay rent for all the rental units on the 15th of
6. Sasktel Mobility spreadsheet:
a. Enter all cellphone bill totals and GST into the
Sasktel Mobility spreadsheet and update and enter
into the Comparison
b. Send spreadsheet to Lorne, IT Manager and Chris
7. Bell Mobility spreadsheet:
a. Same process as Sasktel
8. Print manual cheques for permit requests
9. Email office with updated job list
1. Assign fuel cards when required
2. Update the cell phone/extension list accordingly
3. Make sure all rental properties are insured by AON
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Completion of a one-year Office Administration program considered an asset.
- Experience with Accounting software is an asset
- Effective computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Prior construction experience considered an asset.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license required.
- This role sits for most of their day. This role may spend long hours using computers and telephones.
- Must be able to work well within a team setting and contribute to team success
- Be able to efficiently carry out tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Exemplifies core values of honesty, integrity, and respect
- Self-motivated and shows initiative to identify process improvements
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and enthusiasm
- Takes accountability for their roles and responsibilities
- Must have excellent time management skills
What We Have to Offer You?
- Be part of a leading construction company while investing in your career
- Competitive compensation package
- Industry leading employer paid pension program
- Pension matching program
- Company paid benefit program
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Commitment to learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Professional and career development opportunities
Are you a good match, and wish to join our team? Apply Today!
If you are interested in this opportunity and in joining our team, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Wright Construction however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.