Who Are We?
Wright Construction has been operating in Saskatchewan since 1905 with projects ranging from British Columbia to Ontario. We represent the longest operating construction company in the Province of Saskatchewan and in the City of Saskatoon. We also have a satellite office in Calgary, Alberta.
Over three generations, Wright Construction has helped build this province. Along the way we have produced many landmarks across Western Canada, including the original buildings of the University of Saskatchewan, Hotel Saskatchewan in Regina, the Bessborough Hotel in Saskatoon, Merlis Belsher Place, the Grande Prairie Aquatic Center, Humboldt’s District Health Center and much more!
Wright Construction performs General Contracting, Design Build, Public-Private-Partnerships (P3s) and Construction Management services. We excel in a variety of commercial, institutional, mixed use and industrial environments. Each year we complete hundreds of thousands of square feet of retail space for various developers and retail chains. Wright Construction is a strong competitor in the institutional sector providing services to school and health boards across Saskatchewan and Alberta. Meanwhile, we are a Butler Buildings dealer and have erected approximately 6.5 million square feet of pre-engineered building space. We have been awarded Butler “Builder of the Year” and “Top Volume Builder” in Canada many times over the last 10 years.
What Do We Value?
We remain true to the same principles on which our company was founded:
- We put people first – We have a genuine and authentic commitment to people. At Wright Construction, family is more than a name.
- We do the right thing. Period.
- Relationships form our foundation – For over 100 years, we have had an uncompromising commitment to our teammates, partners, and our family. We take great pride in the relationships that we have built in our community.
- Our promise is our most vital product – We believe a handshake means something. We act with honesty, transparency, fairness, and accountability.
- Every challenge is an opportunity for success – We seek solutions and collaborate to overcome obstacles.
Our mission: Building people and communities together since 1905.
Our vision: To be the preferred builder, employer, and trusted partner in our communities.
What Are We Looking For?
We are currently seeking a full-time Project Coordinator to join our team located in our Saskatoon office.
Project coordinators assist in the management of Construction projects to ensure a project is completed on time and within budget, that the project’s objectives are met. This position is required to work in both an office and site setting. This position interacts with sub-contractors, Superintendents, owners, and consultants on a day-to-day basis. This position reports to the Project Management Team.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepare work plans for projects on which he/she has been assigned.
- Assist with tender and award processes as required.
- Assist with preparation of subcontracts.
- Assist PM and Superintendent prepare manpower and activity schedules.
- Implement the approved project work plan.
- Establish and Maintain project files.
- Ensure Project Collaborator and Timberline are up to date with most recent information
- Update and maintain contract drawings and logs; distribute to trades as required.
- Deliverables ‐ Expedite subcontractor shop drawings, samples, materials etc.
- Assist with preparation of a deliverables list (specification review)
- Establish timelines for deliverables (procurement schedule).
- Request deliverables, submit and distribute as required.
- Maintain deliverable logs (for submittals and samples etc)
- Expedite deliverable material to site.
- Attend and prepare minutes for project subcontractor meetings.
- Provide document turnover to Owner at project completion as appropriate
- Collection and assembly of project Operation & Maintenance manuals
- Assist the project manager with contract changes as required.
- Process LEED documents as required.
- Monitor and secure subcontract signatures; ensure return of documents
- Update Subcontractor contract submittal checklist
- Ensure information is up to date and assemble outstanding information for weekly priority report.
- Work directly with assisting Project managers, Superintendents, Subcontractors, Consultants and Owners
- Learn and promote Wright Construction policies and procedures
- Assist in the scheduling of meetings, and subcontractor work
- Assist in the estimating of project changes.
- Research solutions to conflicts and interferences
- All other duties as assigned
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Architectural Technology Diploma, Engineering Degree, or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in commercial, industrial, and/or institutional construction.
- Knowledge of all phases of building construction.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in the following is beneficial, but not required:
- Timberline Software
- BIM Software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Estimating and Project Scheduling are preferring but not required.
- Strong code of ethics and integrity.
- Shows tact, diplomacy, and discretion in handling information of confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Must be able to work well within a team setting and contribute to team success.
- Be able to efficiently carry out tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Takes accountability for their roles and responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Must have excellent time management skills.
What We Have to Offer You?
- Be part of a leading construction company while investing in your career
- Competitive compensation package
- Industry leading employer paid pension program
- Pension matching program
- Company paid benefit program
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Commitment to learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Professional and career development opportunities