SUMMARY OF POSITION
- This role is predominately administrative but will encompass entry-level project coordination tasks.
- This position provides knowledge, skills, and experience required to assist the Pre-Engineered department.
- This position works to achieve their respective objectives and reports directly to the Construction Manager – Pre-Eng.
- Project and drawing filing and job start-up tasks
- Manage collaborator tracking
- Complete subtrade contracts
- Provide the cost letter on small proposals, back-up to the Contracts Administrator
- Assist with Butler orders, parts tracking, and Butler marketing aspects (Buildernet/iConnect)
- Responsible for drawing management with site pre-engineered crew (hard copies/electronic/enhanced drawings)
- Assist with internal tendering process and track progress
- Provide invites to sub-contractors for tendering purposes
- Meeting minutes
- Responsible for O+M Documentation
- Responsible for document control
- All other duties as assigned
- Customer Focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Time Management – uses time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good times and bad; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he preaches.
- Functional/technical skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Planning – accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks.
- Problem solving – uses logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis.
- Drive for Results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Office or Business Administration Certificate is preferred.
- Prior experience in commercial, industrial, and/or institutional construction is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Software and Timberline Software is preferred.
- Maintains confidentiality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret construction documents is preferred
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Works effectively in a team environment
- Ability to meet deadlines, self-motivated, and a continuous improvement mindset
- Reliable and dependable is required